Pride Victory Forces Game 3 vs Bandits
AKRON, Ohio - After falling 1-0 to the top seeded Chicago Bandits in the first game of a double header, the USSSA Pride needed to win the night cap to keep their championship hopes alive. Pitcher Sarah Pauly and some timely power carried the Pride to that victory 2-1.
Through six innings Pauly had a three hit shutout going and a 2-0 lead to work with. That would be enough for Pauly to clinch a deciding game 3.
The Force got on the board when Shannon Doepking blasted a home run to left field to give the Pride a 1-0 lead in the fifth inning. Kristin Schnake followed Doepking's lead in the top of the seventh with a home run to centerfield to give the Pride a 2-0 lead.
The Bandits did attempt a bottom of the seventh inning comeback as Samantha Findlay hit a home run to right field on an outside corner pitch.
Pauly turned in the performance of the night throwing a complete game allowing only one run on four hits while striking out four Bandits on the night.
Eileen Canney picked up the loss for the Bandits allowing two runs on six hits and five walks on 6+ innings of work while striking out nine.
With the series tied 1-1, the Pride and Bandits will go head to head in the rubber match tomorrow afternoon at Firestone Stadium. Tickets for tomorrow can be purchased by calling the Racers' ticket office at 330-376-8188 or by going online at www.akronracers.org.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from August 21, 2009
- Thunder evens series with Racers at 1-1 - Rockford Thunder
- Pride Victory Forces Game 3 vs Bandits - Akron Racers
- NPF Championship Series Broadcast Live - NPF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron Racers Stories
- Racers2Return "Dinner on the Diamond" a Huge Success
- R2R Campaign to Bring Racers Back to Akron in Full Swing
- Arrietta Announces Official Launch of R2R Campaign
- Former Akron Racers Co-Owners and Cleveland Comets Agree to Settlement
- Akron Racers Foundation Finalizes 2018 High School Tournament