R2R Campaign to Bring Racers Back to Akron in Full Swing
Akron, OH - The Akron Racers Charities will conduct a unique, "Dinner on the Diamond" fundraiser on August 11th at Firestone Stadium. Mission BBQ will be catering the dinner that includes a Meet n' Greet with former players and a silent auction.
"I have had this idea in my back pocket for a while now," explained Joey Arrietta, the 17-year veteran GM of the Akron Racers. "I thought it was a perfect time to conduct the inaugural dinner."
Tickets are $75 and can be purchased by calling 330.376.8188. All proceeds will benefit a full-scale marketing campaign designed to return professional softball to Akron, OH.
Join us on August 11th for the First Annual "Dinner on the Diamond."
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from June 28, 2018
- R2R Campaign to Bring Racers Back to Akron in Full Swing - Akron Racers
- Brown, Comets Hold off Spirit - Cleveland Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron Racers Stories
- Racers Charities Break Ground for Champions Courtyard at Firestone Stadium
- Racers2Return "Dinner on the Diamond" a Huge Success
- R2R Campaign to Bring Racers Back to Akron in Full Swing
- Arrietta Announces Official Launch of R2R Campaign
- Former Akron Racers Co-Owners and Cleveland Comets Agree to Settlement