Racers2Return "Dinner on the Diamond" a Huge Success
Akron, OH - The 17-year veteran General Manager of the Akron Racers, Joey Arrietta, announced today the preliminary numbers for the highly successful fund-raising campaign to bring professional fastpitch back to Akron.
"I was overwhelmed by the out pouring of support from 254 guests and volunteers for our first-ever "Dinner on the Diamond," reported Arrietta. "The night was filled with energized fans who were extremely generous and supportive of the goals of the R2R Campaign."
Preliminary figures estimate a $21,000 shot in the arm for the Racers six-year financial plan.
"I am already receiving calls about the date for next year's event," noted Arrietta. "The R2R Campaign, sponsored by the Racers Charities, a 501c3, is ongoing and will demonstrate to interested investors the commitment of businesses, organizations and fans who are on a mission to put the oldest tenured pro fastpitch team back on the field. The dollars raised will support the grassroots marketing effort to develop a sustainable business model. Our GoFundMe Racers2Return account is still an option for anyone interested in continuing to assist with the R2R initiative."
T-Shirts are also available by calling 330-376-8188.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from August 21, 2018
- Racers2Return "Dinner on the Diamond" a Huge Success - Akron Racers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron Racers Stories
- Racers Charities Break Ground for Champions Courtyard at Firestone Stadium
- Racers2Return "Dinner on the Diamond" a Huge Success
- R2R Campaign to Bring Racers Back to Akron in Full Swing
- Arrietta Announces Official Launch of R2R Campaign
- Former Akron Racers Co-Owners and Cleveland Comets Agree to Settlement