Preview: Bounce Back Week
The Boys in Green are back at Dillon Stadium on Saturday night and looking to bounce back off last weekend's loss. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC are now 6 points clear of Hartford in first place after defeating Loudoun United on Tuesday night, so Hartford has some work to do to make up the points.
HARTFORD ATHLETIC (5-2-1) vs LOUDOUN UNITED FC (1-6-2)
Date: Saturday, September 5th
Time: 7:00 PM ET
Location: Dillon Stadium, Hartford, CT
Local TV: WCTX MyTV9
Streaming: hartfordathletic.com/watch or ESPN+
International Viewers: YouTube
LAST TIME OUT:
Athletic suffered its first loss at Dillon Stadium and in Group F falling 3-0 to Pittsburgh. Not long after in the 10th minute, Hartford went down 1-0. The ball rolled to the back post and Ryan James was there to smash it in past Parfait Mandanda. In the 22nd minute Pittsburgh doubled their lead, Connecticut born Danny Griffin put in a rebound that was too hot to handle. Shortly after halftime, Pittsburgh tacked on another, James scored his second of the match vollying in at the back post.
DANNY THE DISTRIBUTOR:
When Danny Barrera signed with Hartford in June of 2019, he was known for his ability to pass the ball. He's shown it in spades since arriving, and has thrived in Head Coach Radhi JaÃ¯di's system. Barrera has recorded 6 assists this season, third best in the entire USL Championship. He has 10 career assists in Blue and Green, by far the most of anyone to wear a Hartford uniform. Danny 6 assists have gone to 4 different players this season.
HOME AWAY FROM HOME:
Loudoun United's home turf is Segra Field in Leesburg, VA, but you could argue that Dillon Stadium is their second home this season. This will be Loudoun's fourth match at Dillon in 2020, only two less matches than they play at Segra. It's not quite home cooking though as Loudoun currently owns a record of 0-3-1 in matches played at Dillon. Hartford has never played at Segra Field in their brief history. The two teams met last season at Audi Field in Washington D.C., where Hartford won 2-1.
PLAYERS TO WATCH:
Hartford Athletic, Cheno GuzmÃ¡n, F, #99:
Two matches ago, Hartford went scoreless for over 80 minutes, last match Hartford was scoreless the full 90. When you need a goal scoring boost, who do you go to but your leading goal scorer. Cheno seems to be back at full health and is expected to be in the starting lineup come Saturday night. The connection between he and Danny Barrera have been critical to Hartford's success in the final third. That's the momentum boost that Hartford will need to get back on track tomorrow night.
Loudoun United, Elvis Amoh, F, #7:
Who else could it possibly be? Amoh has scored in all three matches Hartford and Loudoun have played this season. In the first two matches, he scored on penalty kicks, but two weeks ago, he finally broke through in the run of play with a beautiful goal that put Loudoun up 2-0. If there is a particular place to focus defensively for Hartford, it should be right on Amoh.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT:
Loudoun United makes their fourth trip to Hartford since July 20th on Saturday. The Boys in Red seemed to be gaining some positive momentum after they shocked Hartford with a 2-2 draw the last time these teams met, but have since taken two losses, most recently a 3-0 defeat against Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC on Tuesday night. With only seven matches remaining in the regular season, Loudoun will need to make a big move quickly to make the playoffs.
Can't watch? Stay in touch with our live commentary @hfdathletic or by following #HFDvLDN
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 5, 2020
- Memphis Takes One Point against Group Leader - Memphis 901 FC
- Switchbacks FC Play out to Scoreless Draw against OKC Energy FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- San Antonio FC Extends Unbeaten Streak to 11 Matches with 3-2 Win over RGV FC - San Antonio FC
- Second Half Effort Not Enough as Toros Fall to SAFC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Tyler Pasher's Ninth Goal of Season Not Enough to Jumpstart Comeback to LIPAFC Rival - Indy Eleven
- Legion FC Comes Away with Point at Memphis 901 FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- With Hat Trick, Dane Kelly Shoulders Responsibility as Charlotte Independence Rolls Past North Carolina FC in 3-1 Win - Charlotte Independence
- Battery Maintain Unbeaten Streak in 1-1 Draw Against Miami FC - Charleston Battery
- Greens and Switchbacks Play to Scoreless Stalemate - OKC Energy FC
- Torres's Second Half Goal Powers Hartford to 2-1 Victory - Hartford Athletic
- LouCity Blows by Indy, Assumes First Place - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC Falls to the Charlotte Independence, 3-1 - North Carolina FC
- GAMEDAY REPORT: Miami Held as Battery Edge Toward Playoffs - Miami FC
- Hounds Win Third Straight, Defeat New York, 3-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Rising Rematch vs. Vegas, Tonight at 7:30 PM on CW61 Arizona & ESPN+ - Phoenix Rising FC
- Preview: Bounce Back Week - Hartford Athletic
- Orange County Look for Double over Los Dos - Orange County SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- The Roundup: Fans' Choice Awards
- Hartford Athletic 2020 Season Community Wrap Up
- Hartford Athletic: 5 Takeaways from the USL Championship Club's 2020 Season
- Match for a Cause Raises over $19,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford
- Saint Louis Goal at the Death Downs Hartford 1-0