Prechae Rodriguez Traded to Pittsburgh from Orlando
PITTSBURGH, PA (February 6, 2014) - The Pittsburgh Power have acquired Arena Football League two-year veteran wide receiver Prechae Rodriguez from the Orlando Predators in exchange for offensive lineman Ben Ossai and defensive lineman Markell Carter, the team announced Thursday.
While on the roster of the Orlando Predators, Rodriguez (6-4, 215, Auburn) broke Orlando's single-season franchise record for receiving touchdowns after amassing 41 touchdowns off of 119 catches for 1,614 yards during the 2013 season. In 2012, Rodriguez played his AFL rookie season for the Tampa Bay Storm where he led the team's receiving corps with 1,653 receiving yards and 32 touchdowns and set the franchise single-season record for receptions (125).
As a college athlete, Rodriguez earned Second Team All-Jayhawk honors at Coffeyville Junior College before he transferred to Auburn University in 2005. With the Tigers, the wideout saw action in 36 games catching 38 passes for 530 yards and two touchdowns.
Out of college, Rodriguez worked out with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New York Jets before signing with the Jets as an undrafted NFL free agent in 2008.
After being released from the Jets, Rodriguez spent the next four seasons in the Canadian Football League playing on the rosters of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2008-09), Saskatchewan Roughriders (2010), Montreal Alouttes (2011), Edmonton Eskimos (2011), and Toronto Argonauts (2011). During his CFL rookie season, Rodriguez was nominated for the CFL Rookie of the Year award and earned the CFL 2008 East Division Rookie of the Year award, the Frank M. Gibson Trophy.
The Pittsburgh Power kickoff their 2014 regular season on Saturday, March 15, at CONSOL Energy Center when they host East division rival Cleveland Gladiators. Game time is scheduled for 5:00 pm ET. Power season tickets and mini-plan ticket packages are available for purchase at www.pittsburghpowerfootball.com or by calling the Power ticket office at 412-697-7846.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from February 6, 2014
- Prechae Rodriguez Traded to Pittsburgh from Orlando - Pittsburgh Power
- Shock Single Game Tickets Go on Sale Thursday, February 20 - Spokane Shock
- Predators Complete Two Trades Thursday Night - Orlando Predators
- Philadelphia Welcomes Coach Rod Miller - Philadelphia Soul
- Thunder Announce Single-Game Ticket Release Date - Portland Thunder
- Storm Single-Game Tickets on Sale Sunday, February 9th - Tampa Bay Storm
- Pittsburgh Power Single-Game Tickets on Sale Friday - Pittsburgh Power
- Sharks Team up with Veteran Tickets Foundation - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.