Portland Pirates Sign Letter of Intent to Relocate Franchise
Portland, ME - The Portland Pirates have announced that a letter of intent has been signed with an outsider buyer to purchase and relocate the AHL franchise to a new city. The details of the agreement were not disclosed and final sale is pending approval of the AHL Board of Governors and the Florida Panthers.
All previously purchased season tickets for the 2016-2017 season will be refunded.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 4, 2016
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Albany Devils Take Game 1 in Toronto - Albany Devils
- Penguins Blank Bears in Opener of Division Finals - Hershey Bears
- Sprong, DeSmith Steal the Show as Pens Beat Bears, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Take Advantage of Hogs Hot Seats - Rockford IceHogs
- Portland Pirates Sign Letter of Intent to Relocate Franchise - Portland Pirates
- Griffins' Playoff Promotions Continue against Monsters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Announce Second Round Broadcast Schedule - Cleveland Monsters
- Hershey Takes on W-B/Scranton after Tough Series with Pirates - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Broadcaster Called to NL Hockey Hall of Fame - St. John's IceCaps
- Griffins Announce Finalists in Media Room Makeover Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.