Playoff Series Pushed to Game Three as Rainmen Fall in Heartbreaker
(HALIFAX, NS) The Halifax Rainmen lost a heartbreaking game to the Quebec Kebs in front of a crowd of 2,842 enthusiastic fans on Thursday evening. The final score of the game was 109-112.
The loss pushes the playoff series to game three, which determines which teams' season will end and which team will go on to the championship round versus the London Lightning.
Leading the Rainmen with 24 points and 10 rebounds was Tyrone Levett, followed by Darnell Hugee with 23 points and 10 rebounds. Taliek Brown chipped in with 17 points and 7 assists, while Lawrence Wright added 14 points. Eric Crookshank added an impressive 15 rebounds for the Rainmen.
Royce Parran scored an incredible 39 points for the Kebs, followed by Ralphy Holmes with an impressive 31. James "Boo" Jackson added 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Kebs. The box score statistics can be found below.
The Rainmen and the Kebs will return to the Metro Centre tomorrow evening at 7 p.m. to determine who will advance to the championship final.
Tickets for the game can be purchased at Ticket Atlantic locations and the Metro Centre Box Office. For more information about the Halifax Rainmen, please visit www.rainmenbasketball.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 15, 2012
- Lightning Play-Off Dates Set - London Lightning
- Playoff Series Pushed to Game Three as Rainmen Fall in Heartbreaker - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse