Player Profile: Rory Fitzpatrick
(Rochester, July 17)... Rory Fitzpatrick will play in his fifth season with his hometown Rochester Americans in 2009-10. The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Rochester native completed his fourth season with the Amerks last season and served as the team captain. The veteran of nearly 300 National Hockey League games serves as a mentor for the younger Rochester players. In 2008-09, he led by example as he was named to the PlanetUSA AHL All-Star team and earned 14 points on four goals and 10 assists in his first season back with Rochester. Despite it being the offseason, "Fitzy" is still busy as a husband and father of four kids. Although Rory does have a limited summer schedule, Amerks.com was able to track him down to find out just what he has been up to this summer.
1.) What was the high point of the 2008-09 season? Playing alongside future NHLer Keaton Ellerby.
2.) Where did you go after the season ended? Florida and Ocean City Maryland.
3.) When will you begin on-ice training? August.
4.) What are you working on to get to the NHL? I've been looking for the fountain of youth.
5.) How do you spend your free time? With my family.
6.) What is your favorite vacation spot? Ocean City, Maryland.
7.) Did you watch the NHL Playoffs? If so, what team were you pulling for? Yes, Pittsburgh.
8.) Any plans for the summer? Camping and a trip to NYC.
9.) Who is your favorite athlete? Michael Jordan.
10.) What's one thing you can't live without? Air.
11.) In the summer, do you prefer to work out or cook out? Both.
12.) What is your favorite junk food? Ice cream.
13.) Do you use Twitter? NO.
14.) What is your favorite sports movie? Remember the Titans.
15.) What do you enjoy the most about playing in Rochester? Being at home.
16.) Who on your team is destined to become a reality TV star? The Moose (Team Mascot).
17.) Why is hockey the best sport? I have played it my whole life.
18.) Are you looking forward to 2009-10? Yes
Movie: Shawshank Redemption
Book: Anything by Harlen Coben
TV Show: Celebrity Rehab
Part About Hockey: Playing in my home town
Hockey Moment: Playing for Montreal during the closing of the Forum
Song: Hey Girl
Vacation Spot: Ocean City
Growing Up: Ray Bourque
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 17, 2009
- Aeros to host 4th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Game on Oct. 17 - Houston Aeros
- Minnesota Wild agree to terms with Milroy, Disalvatore and Dubielewicz - Houston Aeros
- Nachbaur to Lead Binghamton Senators - Binghamton Senators
- Winnipeg Free Press winner of AHL's James H. Ellery Memorial Award - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Announces Winners of 2008-09 James H. Ellery Awards - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Announces Winners of 2008-09 James H. Ellery Awards - AHL
- Player Profile: Rory Fitzpatrick - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Announce Pre-Season Schedule - Albany River Rats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.