Player Feature - Josh Langford
All the way from Frisco, TX, Josh Langford has been the Steel's star between the pipes. Unlike many other junior players, Langford has played hockey in his home state for his whole life until this year. He has played for an AA team for two years and then the Dallas Stars Elite, AAA team, for around 10 years before coming up to the Midwest.
Langford is hoping to use this year as a stepping stone on his way to play in the USHL next year and then onto the University of Maine. When asked about why he chose the University of Maine, Langford said, "I liked the coaches there, they have a goalie coach who is also an assistant coach, so they always have a full-time goalie coach, which not all schools have. I like the campus and the arena that they play in. It felt like the right place to be". He has considered a major in kinesiology, but nothing set in stone yet.
After breaking out of their slump, Langford helped the team with a win on Saturday night with the first shutout of the season. Langford said, "It felt amazing to get that shutout, it was a really good team effort and a big confidence booster". As the team heads to Janesville this weekend, we asked Langford how the team is going to carry that win into this upcoming weekend, "We have more confidence and we are falling into a rhythm and the team is coming together. Hopefully, we can come out with two more wins," Langford said.
Langford mentioned that his favorite part of playing for the Steel has been the team, Langford said, "Every junior team is a little different, but the group of guys we have here has been really fun".
One thing Steel fans should know about Langford is that despite how tall he is he has never played basketball and he is the only one in his family that plays hockey. Being from Texas his favorite type of food is BBQ, "We have the best BBQ in Texas," Langford said.
Come check out goalie Josh Langford and the rest of the Steel team at the next home game on Friday, November 16th.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Bobcat Blueliner Commits to AIC - Bismarck Bobcats
- Black Bears Acquire Goaltender Kevin Lake - Maryland Black Bears
- Jeffers Commits to AIC - New Jersey Titans
- Quick Hits: NAHL Game 18 Preview - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Knights Pick up Mastromonica in Trade - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Player Feature - Josh Langford - Chippewa Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chippewa Steel Stories
- Steel and Prevea Health Partner to Raise $5,190 from Hockey Fights Cancer Jersey Auction
- Steel Complete Weekend Series Sweep of Kenai River
- Steel to Raise Funds for Mobile Mammography Unit
- Chippewa Steel Announce 2019-2020 Captains
- Chippewa Steel Announce 2019-2020 Roster