Pirates Trampled by Horsemen
Peoria, IL - It was a high scoring affair Saturday night at Peoria's Carver Arena, where the visiting Kentucky Horsemen won a horse race with the Peoria Pirates by the score of 93-72 in front of 3,978 disappointed fans.
Jared Lorenzen and Justin Rascati split duties at quarterback for the Horsemen, combining for 11 total touchdowns and 342 yards through the air. Lorenzen went 13 of 22 for 208 yards with 4 touchdowns in the air and another 4 touchdowns on the ground. Rascati was 16 for 20, 2 for Touchdowns while running in one for a score, as well. Peoria was led by Kent Smith at quarterback, was 17 of 31 for 227 yards and 6 touchdowns.
Peoria is home again next Saturday night, when the Pirates will try to gain their first home win against Milwaukee. Game time has been changed to 7PM and tickets are available by calling 637-1000.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 2, 2009
- Central Valley defeats Tri-Cities - Tri-Cities Fever
- Pirates Trampled by Horsemen - Peoria Pirates
- Despite late comeback, Dusters fall short to Tulsa 58-43 - Amarillo Venom
- Vipers blow away South Georgia - Alabama Vipers
- Vipers win 54-28 - Alabama Vipers
- Strong second half fuels Albany win over Thunder - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Game Preview (week 6): Stockton Lightning At Boise Burn - Stockton Lightning
- Dusters to play as scheduled Saturday night - Amarillo Venom