Pilots Defenseman Rons Makes NCAA DI Commitment
The Topeka Pilots of the North American Hockey League (NAHL) are pleased to announce that defenseman and captain Brenden Rons has committed to play NCAA Division I hockey for Ferris State University in the WCHA.
Rons, 21, just completed his third and final season playing in the NAHL, all of which have been spent in Topeka. The 6'5/225 lbs. native of Farmington Hills, Michigan, recorded 20 points (3 goals, 17 assists) in 60 regular season game during the 2018-19 season.
Overall in his three-year NAHL career, Rons played in 137 career games and recorded 37 career points.
"It's always been a dream of mine to play Division 1 college hockey," Rons told MiHockey. "I've watched Ferris State play in the Great Lakes Invitational growing up and have always had great respect for the program. It's a tremendous honor to commit there."
"Brenden has worked extremely hard to reach his goal of playing NCAA Division I hockey. He has taken his game to new heights and will continue to thrive at Ferris State. We couldn't be happier for our inaugural season Captain as he leaves behind a legacy for our younger players to follow," said Pilots head coach Simon Watson.
Rons is the 6th player from the 2018-19 Pilots roster who has made an NCAA commitment.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Generals Force Game 5 - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Knights Bringing Tier 3 Team to NA3HL - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Captain Lane Krenzen Commits to University of Denver - Austin Bruins
- Pilots Defenseman Rons Makes NCAA DI Commitment - Topeka Pilots
- Bobcats Return Home for Do-Or-Die Game Three - Bismarck Bobcats
- Put Away Time - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.