Pensacola Membership Terminated
June 23, 2008 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced Monday that the Membership of
the Pensacola Ice Pilots has been terminated, effective immediately.
"On behalf of the ECHL we are very disappointed both for the Ice Pilots
fans as well as the other member teams of the ECHL," said ECHL Commissioner
The termination of the Membership comes as a result of the Pensacola
ownership group notifying the ECHL that it did not intend to play in
2008-09 or any season thereafter. Failure to ice a team for play is grounds
for automatic termination under the ECHL Bylaws.
All Pensacola players will immediately become unrestricted free agents.
The league announced that work is underway on a revised version of the
2008-09 playing schedule.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 23, 2008
- ECHL Board of Governors Annual Meeting Concludes - ECHL
- ECHL to release new 2008-09 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Terminates Ice Pilots Membership - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ramada University Named Falcons Host Hotel - Fresno Falcons
- Pensacola Membership Terminated - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.