Pats Sign Colorado Product Valis
REGINA - The Regina Pats are pleased to announce the signing of forward Borya Valis to a WHL Standard Player Agreement.
Originally listed by the Pats in February of last year, Valis has been playing this season with the Colorado Thunderbirds U16 AAA program in the Tier 1 Elite Hockey League (T1EHL).
"We've seen Borya play multiple times this season and have been happy with the progress he's shown, particularly with his ability to score. We look forward to seeing him in Regina, as he continues to advance his hockey career," said Pats VP of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Paddock.
During the 2019-20 season, the 6-foot forward played with the Thunderbirds' U15 program, registering 29 points (14G-15A) in 20 games.
By signing in the WHL, Valis gains access to two years of scholarship funds and will also receive additional scholarship funding for every year played in the league. During the 2019-20 academic year a total of 402 WHL graduates took advantage of the program.
Preparations for the 2020-21 WHL season, which will feature 24 regular season games, are ongoing. An official start date for the season will be announced once final approval is received from the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2021
- Moon Leaving Rebels with Many Positive Memories, Mixed Emotions - Red Deer Rebels
- Jay Bouwmeester Retires - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Wheat Kings Alumni at NHL Training Camps Pt. 1 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Novak loaned to Czech Extraliga - Kelowna Rockets
- Cam Moon Named Oilers Play by Play Announcer - Red Deer Rebels
- Pats Sign Colorado Product Valis - Regina Pats
- Kelowna Rockets Waive Steffler - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.