Parking Information Announced for The Bob Dylan Show
(Allentown, Pa.) - In addition to the nearly 3,000 parking spaces available on Coca-Cola Park's premises, the IronPigs have taken additional steps to help alleviate traffic and parking concerns by offering overflow parking options at nearby LSI and other area businesses for the sold-out Bob Dylan Show on July 14 at Coca-Cola Park. This new parking initiative ensures that nearly 4,000 total parking spots will be available for fans attending the concert.
Once the lots surrounding Coca-Cola Park are filled, the IronPigs will provide pre- and post-concert shuttle service to patrons needing to park in the overflow lot located at LSI off of American Parkway (directly across from the Coca-Cola Park entrance).
Other local parking alternatives include The Bull & Bear Restaurant on Union Boulevard (parking will be permitted in the rear of the facility only), Brewers Outlet (located directly behind The Bull & Bear Restaurant) and at Lehigh Valley Auto Sales (located at the corner of Fenwick & Union Streets). Shuttle service will not be provided from these locals due to their close proximity to Coca-Cola Park.
In order to avoid traffic and congestion concerns in and around Coca-Cola Park, ticket holders are advised to arrive early and carpool for this event.
Fans and IronPigs ticket holders are reminded that The Bob Dylan Show is a Jam Productions event and that IronPigs parking passes are not valid and will not be honored. The Coca-Cola Park lots will open at 1:30 p.m. and the cost of parking is $10 per vehicle.
To help provide a fun, safe and family atmosphere both inside and outside of Coca-Cola Park, the IronPigs have established the following guidelines for their on-site parking area:
- By law, alcohol consumption in the parking lots is illegal (Ordinance 711.08). No open containers of alcoholic beverages are permitted on Coca-Cola Park's property or at LSI.
- Preparing food or beverages of any such kind where such preparation necessitates the use of an object or practice that is considered unsafe, hazardous or unhealthy to guests or participants is prohibited.
- Barbecues: Only approved gas/propane units with fuel-valve turn-offs are permitted. No charcoal is allowed.
- No vehicle may occupy more than one parking space. Guests may not obstruct other parking spaces, sidewalks or other areas that may impede pedestrian traffic to/from Coca-Cola Park.
- Overnight parking is prohibited.
- Any tailgating material and refuse should be strictly disposed of in a safe manner. Guests should be courteous and dispose of their own trash. Please help us keep Coca-Cola Park and the surrounding areas clean by not littering.
- Guests not following the parking regulations above are subject to removal from the ballpark grounds and parking areas, possible arrest and fines.
- Please note that any type of tailgating at the LSI overflow lot is strictly prohibited.
Coca-Cola Park's Main Gates will open at 5 p.m. and the concert is scheduled to begin with a performance by The Wiyos at 5:30 p.m. Fans holding Club Level reserved seats or exclusive presale seats may enter through the Club Level entrance at 4:30 p.m. The Bob Dylan Show is a rain or shine event.
For the safety of Coca-Cola Park's patrons, no re-entry will be allowed once fans have entered the venue. Also, no outside food or beverage will be permitted at The Bob Dylan Show. Lastly, cameras, video cameras and recording devices are strictly prohibited.
Willie Nelson is expected to take the stage at approximately 6 p.m. and his performance will be followed by both John Mellencamp and Bob Dylan & his band.
Fans holding General Admission tickets may watch The Bob Dylan Show from Coca-Cola Park's playing field or any Field Level seat on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children 14 and under will be allowed free admission when accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
Ticket holders for The Dylan Show are reminded that there are three entry points for parking at Coca-Cola Park and are encouraged to use the Dauphin Street entrance when traveling from downtown Allentown. In addition to the Dauphin Street entrance, entry to Coca-Cola Park can be gained off American Parkway and Union Boulevard. Preferred/Handicapped Parking access is available via American Parkway only.
There is no IronPigs game on the day of the show. The 2009 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 9, 2009
- Bulls Rally Falls Short as Braves Take Series - Durham Bulls
- White Sox Pitcher Guides Knights to 7-1 Victory Over Norfolk - Charlotte Knights
- Parking Information Announced for The Bob Dylan Show - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- IronPigs vs. Yankees - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Dale Thayer named to International League All-Star Team - Durham Bulls
- Clippers Blow Away Indians - Indianapolis Indians
- International League News And Notes - IL1
- Tickets on Sale for Weekend Series - Syracuse Mets
- Bison vs. Pawtucket Game Notes July 9th - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs to Host Entertainment Auditions
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Saturday, March 2nd
- Mums the Word: IronPigs to Honor the Mummers Parade for Annual "Salute to Philly" Promotion
- Phillies Announce 2024 IronPigs Coaching Staff
- IronPigs Charities, Presented by Air Products, Awards $71,500 in Community Grants to 26 Organizations