Ohio Machine Bolsters 2014 Roster with MLL Veterans and All-Stars
COLUMBUS, Ohio (December 11, 2013) - The Ohio Machine (Machine), Ohio's Major League Lacrosse (MLL) team, finished the 2014 MLL Supplemental Draft with a total of 12 players hailing from all over the country, including University of Maryland, Drexel University, University of Virginia and Cornell University.
"The Machine just got a lot better today. We were able to acquire two MLL All-Stars in Bill McGlone and Matt Dolente, as well as add a ton of grit and athleticism to our defense," said Machine President and GM John Algie. "With the amount of depth we added to each position today, training camp is going to be a battle, and the team we will put on the field in 2014 is going to be a vast improvement from last season's team."
With the number one overall pick of the draft, the Machine drafted MLL All-Star veteran midfielder and Maryland alum Bill McGlone. McGlone joined MLL in 2006 after being drafted by then Baltimore Bayhawks as the 13th Overall Pick. Since 2006, McGlone has played in a total of 69 games for several teams, including Boston, Denver and Chicago. McGlone has tallied 101 goals and 30 assists for a total 136 points in eight seasons. Before joining MLL, McGlone was a three-time All-American for Maryland and was named to All-ACC twice.
The Machine also picked up defenseman Dana Wilber from Drexel University and midfielder Max Van Bourgondien from Cornell University. Wilber, who has played the past two seasons with the Hamilton Nationals, was named an All-American, CAA Defensive Player of the Year and First Team All-CAA twice during his four seasons at Drexel. Van Bourgondien finished his college tenure with a career-high season of 29 goals and 14 assists for 43 points in 2013. The Machine also drafted former Machine players Bobby Eilers, Stefan Schroder and Kevin Mack.
Prior to the draft, the Machine announced the acquisition of MLL All-Star face-off specialist Matt Dolente and 2013 rookie midfielder Kevin Cooper, as well as the 13th overall pick in the 2014 MLL Collegiate Draft, in a trade with the New York Lizards. In return, the Lizards receive Machine defenseman Kyle Hartzell.
The Machine currently has 36 players on its 2014 roster and will add four more players before the start of 2014 training camp, which begins in early April.
2014 Ohio Machine Supplemental Draft :
1st (1st Overall) Bill McGlone (M) - Maryland
2nd (9th Overall) Dana Wilber (D) - Drexel
3rd (17th Overall) Ryan Nizolek (D) - Virginia
4th (19th Overall) Max Van Bourgondien (M) - Cornell
5th (25th Overall) Bobby Eilers (M) - Syracuse*
6th (41st Overall) Bobby Dattilo (FO) - Hobart
7th (49th Overall) Stefan Schroder (G) - Ohio State*
8th (57th Overall) Cody Solaja (D) - Hofstra
9th (65th Overall) Connor English (A) - Cornell
10th (73rd Overall) Kevin Mack (M) - Ohio State*
11th (81st Overall) Kyle Feeney (G) - Bucknell
12th (89th Overall) Bobby Tyler (M) - Massachusetts
*2013 Ohio Machine Player
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from December 11, 2013
- Cannons Add 12 Players in Supplemental Draft - Boston Cannons
- Lizards Acquire Hartzell in Three-Team Trade and Turri from Outlaws - MLL
- Ohio Machine Bolsters 2014 Roster with MLL Veterans and All-Stars - Ohio Machine
- BayHawks Add NLL Standout Cameron Holding in Supplemental Draft - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Hounds Build out Preseason Roster in Supplemental Draft - Charlotte Hounds
- Ohio Machine Trades for MLL All-Star and Standout 2013 Rookie - Ohio Machine
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Machine Stories
- Machine Acquire Former Ohio State Standout Freddy Freibott
- Machine Announce 2019 Ticket Pricing
- Ohio Machine Announce Creation of Machine Business Alliance
- Ohio Machine Coaches Winter Tour Announced
- Ohio Machine Sign Midfielders Kiel Matisz, Cam Holding, Tucker Ciessau and Jeff Edwards