Odegaard Trains for Olympics
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Mavericks' defenseman, Henrik Odegaard, is on personal leave this week as he participates in training camp for the 2014 Norwegian Olympic Ice Hockey team.
While it is unsure if the talented defenseman will make the final roster and compete in the fast-approaching Winter Olympics in Sochi, the entire Mavericks team is very proud of his efforts.
"We are so pleased to have Henrik under our guidance on assignment from the Chicago Wolves," says Mavericks head coach, Scott Hillman. "We are very excited and in support of his quest to represent Norway, the Wolves and the Missouri Mavericks at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi."
The Asker, Norway native has been a solid contributor to the Mavericks' line through twenty-one games. Odegaard has notched 2 assists and boasts a +7 plus/minus with the Mavs so far this season.
The Missouri Mavericks will host Star Wars Night on Friday, December 20th in an evening of out of this world entertainment! Over twenty costumed characters will be walking around the concourse at the Independence Events Center for fans to interact with and take pictures with. Fans are invited to join in the fun and dress as their favorite Star Wars character! Fans who wear anything Star Wars themed to the box office will receive $5 OFF their ticket purchase for the Dec 20th game! May the Mavs be with you.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 17, 2013
- Brampton's Grant Rollheiser Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Allen Americans Players Getting in the Christmas Spirit - Allen Americans
- Steve Cruickshank Named Recipient of 2013 Willis of Texas/N. Thomas Berry Commitment Cup - CHL
- Chill Defenseman Weiss Named CHL Player of the Week - St. Charles Chill
- Odegaard Trains for Olympics - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.