OCSC Take on Timbers II in the Rose City
PORTLAND, Ore. - Currently on a three match winning streak, Orange County SC will journey to the northwest one last time this year, this time to face Portland Timbers II at Providence Park.
Both teams find themselves in the playoff places, with Orange County in 7th and T2 in 9th. Just one point separates the sides, meaning that either side could find themselves in 5th place with a win on Sunday. For OCSC, it is a chance to distance themselves from the congestion in the middle of the table. It is also a chance to get revenge and take three points from Timbers II after losing from two late goals during the reverse fixture in June.
During their current win streak, Orange County has outscored their opponents 8-1. While the offense has been spectacular, the defense has also performed well. Last weekend, Frederik Due became an instant fan favorite, making seven saves against New Mexico United and being named to the Team of the Week for his stellar performance. With such a strong goalkeeper reinforcing what has become an exceptional back line, OC look strong enough to pick up another win on Sunday.
T2 has been remarkably even this season, with the side winning, losing, and drawing four matches each at home. The side has struggled for form in recent weeks, beating Reno and New Mexico while also losing to Vegas and Oklahoma City. Pressure will be on the young side to deliver a result and stop their slide down the standings. Orange County's confidence and experience will be difficult to cope with.
Kevin Alston, Liam Trotter, and Vinicius remain ineligible due to injury. Hugo Arrellano and Harry Forrester are both one yellow card away from a one match suspension due to caution accumulation.
The match kicks off at 2pm Pacific at Providence Park in Portland. The game will also be broadcast live on ESPN+ in the United States.
Led by Michael Seaton, the Orange County offense has scored 42 goals in 26 matches, on average finding the back of the net every 56 minutes.
Timbers II have only managed two clean sheets this season, conceding 44 goals in 26 matches.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 6, 2019
- Official Club Statement Issued - Sacramento Republic FC
- OCSC Take on Timbers II in the Rose City - Orange County SC
- Helicopter Cash Drop 2.0 Is Tomorrow - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC Announce Local Partnership with White Claw Hard Seltzer - Sacramento Republic FC
- Nashville SC's Playoff Magic Number at 9 - Nashville SC
- Tacoma Defiance Signs Midfielder Herbert Robinson Garcia - Tacoma Defiance
- Preview: RGV FC Back Home as the Playoff Race Continues - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Charleston, Indy Match Moved to Sunday - Charleston Battery
- Indy Eleven Match at Charleston Battery Rescheduled to Sunday - Indy Eleven
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Atlanta United 2 - Ottawa Fury FC
- Phoenix Rising FC Returns Home Looking to Extend Record Winning Streak - Phoenix Rising FC
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Phoenix Rising FC - San Antonio FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Sacramento Republic FC - September 7, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Real Monarchs SLC Visits California to Face LA Galaxy II on Saturday - Real Monarchs SLC
- Sounders FC Calls Two Tacoma Defiance Players up to First Team for Saturday's Match at Colorado - Tacoma Defiance
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Ottawa Fury FC - Atlanta United 2
- Memphis 901 FC Back at AutoZone Park Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.