NIFL Announces 2006 Playoff Format Changes
June 7, 2006 - National Indoor Football League (NIFL) News Release
When the 2006 NIFL playoffs start, 12 teams will battle it out to earn the right to be called NIFL champions. A change of four less teams from last years format.
The divisional winners from each conference will automatically be one of the six teams to make the playoffs. The remaining three teams from each conference will be Wild Card selections, based upon best-overall record. If there are two or more teams with identical win/loss records the NIFL will use the tie-breaker process set forth in the Operations Manual.
The 2006 playoffs will commence on the second week of July (8 th and 9 th), with the Championship game being played the final weekend of July. Dates and times will be posted immediately upon the selection the 12 participating teams.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from June 7, 2006
- Fever Travel To Texas to take on the Drillers - Tri-Cities Fever
- Two Drillers sweep NIFL weekly awards - Beaumont Drillers
- NIFL Announces 2006 Playoff Format Changes - NIFL
- Lincoln Capitols Up Next - RiverCity Rage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.