New York Looks To Kick Back Against Richmond, Promotes Noto
Garden City NY: The Richmond Kicker will come to Adelphi University tonight for a special "Nassau County Night" match. Nassau County is the municipality adjoining Queens County to the West and has a population of 1.3 million residents and over one third of working residents travel to New York City to work.
New York will hope for good crowd to make some noise for the visiting kickers. New York after a double over-time match Tuesday night will look to shake things up. Forward Graciano Brito still out after being kicked in the knee in the previous meeting against Richmond. Tadeu Terra is also questionable due to a foot injury as is Kyle Hoffer. New York is hoping to move a player from the reserve squad to support the first team's injuries.
Reserve team Coach Tony Noto has been officially named assistant coach for the team. "As we are moving players up from our reserves, Tony is important as he knows these players well, having scouted, signed and trained them" said interim head coach Paul Shaw. "Tony is a professional in his own right and his years of experience are vital with the team we have in place" Shaw reiterated.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 24, 2011
- Kickers Battle FC New York to Scoreless Draw - Richmond Kickers
- Battery Beats Hammerheads - Charleston Battery
- Battery Defeats Hammerheads in Fox Soccer USL PRO Game of the Week - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- Eagles Find Fourth Straight Win at Home - Charlotte Eagles
- New York Looks To Kick Back Against Richmond, Promotes Noto - FC New York
- Bakersfield's Maduabum is Third NBA D-League Player Drafted by an NBA Team - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.