New Mexico's Frater Voted Championship Player of the Week
May 21, 2019 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - New Mexico United forward Kevaughn Frater has been voted the USL Championship Player of the Week for Week 11 of the 2019 season. Frater recorded his second hat trick of the season as United moved into sole possession of first place in the Western Conference with a 3-1 victory against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC.
Frater received 47 percent of the poll conducted by a national panel of independent media representing every USL Championship market. Hartford Athletic's Jose Angulo finished second on 37 percent after his two-goal performance led the side to its first league victory, and moved Angulo to 50 regular-season goals in the Championship for his career.
USL Championship Team of the Week
GK - Mason Stajduhar, Tulsa Roughnecks FC: Stajduhar recorded seven saves to earn the Roughnecks a 1-1 draw on the road against San Antonio FC.
D - Matt Bahner, Saint Louis FC: Bahner made a crucial goal-line clearance to preserve a scoreless draw on the road in Louisville and recorded four recoveries and four clearances defensively.
D - Ayoze, Indy Eleven: Ayoze provided the assist on Indy's game-winning goal to cap a stellar all-around display that saw him complete 57 of 69 passes and win 10 of 14 duels defensively.
D - Amobi Okugo, Austin Bold FC: Okugo won all 10 of his duels, recorded 11 recoveries and seven clearances and completed 28 of 35 passes in Austin's road draw against Orange County.
M - Andrew Tinari, Tampa Bay Rowdies: Tinari recorded one assist and had a team-high five key passes as the Rowdies defeated the Red Bulls II 2-0 at Al Lang Stadium.
M - Seth Casiple, Reno 1868 FC: Casiple provided the assist on Reno's late equalizer in Tacoma and recorded eight key passes and eight recoveries over the contest while completing 58 of 72 passes.
M - Christiano Francois, Ottawa Fury FC: Francois recorded a goal and two assists as Fury FC swept to an emphatic 3-0 victory on the road against Bethlehem Steel FC.
M - Solomon Asante, Phoenix Rising FC: Asante had a goal and assist in his return to the starting lineup as Rising FC cruised to a 4-0 win against Las Vegas Lights FC.
F - Jerome Kiesewetter, El Paso Locomotive FC: Kiesewetter scored twice to lead El Paso to a 3-1 victory against Sacramento Republic FC, which moved the expansion side into the playoff positions.
F - Kevaughn Frater, New Mexico United: Frater scored his second hat trick of the regular season to lead New Mexico to a 3-1 victory on the road against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC.
F - Jose Angulo, Hartford Athletic: Angulo scored a pair of goals to lead the Athletic to their first victory in the league, and individually reached 50 regular-season tallies in his Championship career.
Bench: Trey Muse (TAC), Jerry van Ewijk (OC), Tyler Pasher (IND), Maalique Foster (RGV), Kevon Lambert (PHX), Laurence Wyke (ATL), Juan Tejada (TBR)
About the USL Championship
The USL Championship is one of the most successful professional soccer leagues in the world, reaching a population of more than 84 million and fueling the growth of the game across North America. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the USL provides unparalleled club support with a growing team of more than 50 professionals across 17 departments, ranging from operations to marketing, communications and sponsorship.
The USL Championship has a national media partnership with ESPN, wherein all league matches are broadcast on ESPN+, ESPN3 and across linear channels. The league also operates USL Productions, which includes a state-of-the-art facility that produced and distributed more than 500 league matches and more than 1,000 hours of original content to national partners, local affiliates and international markets throughout the 2018 season.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 21, 2019
- 3 Things to Know About Wednesday's Nashville SC Match against Birmingham Legion FC - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: BHMvNSH - Wednesday, May 22 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Nashville SC Prepared for Trip to Face Expansion Foes Birmingham Legion FC - Nashville SC
- STLFC Partners with Wild Sun Winery - Saint Louis FC
- Official Nashville SC Watch Party this Wednesday at Von Elrod's in Germantown - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC Looks to Extend Excellent Form Wednesday at Swope Park Rangers - Memphis 901 FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Audi Field for the Last Three "Home Away from Home" Match Locations for the 2019 Season. - Loudoun United
- Tinari Named to Championship Team of the Week - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Republic FC Defender Juan Barahona Called Up to El Salvador Men's National Team for 2019 Gold Cup - Sacramento Republic FC
- Indy Eleven Defender Ayoze Garcia Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Indy Eleven
- Phoenix Rising Midfielder Solomon Asante Named to USL Team of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Seth Casiple Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Huge Performance Earns Francois a Spot on USL Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- New Mexico's Frater Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- El Paso Locomotive FC Signs OKC Energy FC Defender Drew Beckie - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Nashville SC up to No. 7 in Latest USL Championship Power Rankings - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.