Mo Charlo to Return to Bighorns
Reno, NV., March 21, 2013 - The Reno Bighorns have acquired forward Mo Charlo, the team announced today.
Charlo (6-7, 210) has played in 130 games for the Bighorns over the past three seasons, averaging 9.3 points 6.0 rebounds per game.
Charlo, a fan favorite known for his hustle, played collegiately in Reno at the University of Nevada. He spent two seasons with Wolf Pack, helping them win the Western Athletic Conference regular season championship both years.
"When I got the call that Mo was available to come back to the D-League, I was a typical Bighorns and Wolf Pack fan and immediately said yes without hesitation," said Bighorns' owner Herb Santos, Jr. "Mo has always been a fan favorite, both for the Bighorns and Nevada, and I know the fans will be looking forward to his great defense and high-caliber play."
In addition, former Nevada standout Garry Hill-Thomas has been promoted to assistant coach under interim head coach, Jason Glover. Hill-Thomas had been serving as the Director of Basketball Operations for the Bighorns this season. He played four years at Nevada, helping lead the team to a Sweet 16 appearance his senior year in 2004.
Charlo is expected to suit up tonight as the Bighorns take on the Los Angeles D-Fenders at 7 p.m. Reno will face Idaho on Saturday, March 23 and Texas on Sunday, March 24.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 21, 2013
- Vipers Drain Energy 139-118 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Rallies Late to Top Springfield - Springfield Armor
- Austin Toros to Host Spurs Affiliate Game - Austin Spurs
- Mo Charlo to Return to Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Houston Rockets Re-Assign Jones to NBA D-League Affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers - G League
- Miami Heat Re-Assigns Jarvis Varnado to NBA D-League Affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- D-Fenders Home Winning Streak Snapped by Stampede - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Holiday, Harper and Karl Lead Way in L.A. - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.