MLS Eligible Player List Announced for Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process, Today
December 22, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer today announced the list of players eligible for selection in Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process, which will take place at 1 p.m. ET today, and will be the final postseason roster mechanism of the 2020 calendar year.
Similar to the End-of-Year Waivers Process and Stage 1 on the Re-Entry Process, Stage 2 is conducted in the same reverse order of the 2020 season finish, keeping in mind postseason performance and any trades impacting the selection order.
During the Re-Entry Process, MLS clubs can select from players who are at least 22 years old and have a minimum of one year of MLS service, who are out of contract, and who did not receive a bona fide offer or whose contract options were not exercised by their clubs.
Any players, who were eligible for Stage 1, but not selected, will again be available for Stage 2.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 22, 2020
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Midfielder Tommy McNamara - New England Revolution
- Five MLS Clubs Acquire Players in Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process on Tuesday - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Select Midfielder Joe Corona in Stage Two of MLS Re-Entry Process - Houston Dynamo FC
- D.C. United Appoint Danita Johnson as President of Business Operations - D.C. United
- Sporting KC Signs French Midfielder Remi Walter - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Defender Walker Zimmerman Engages Fans During a Visit to Community Center - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas Acquires Jader Obrian from Rionegro Aguilas - FC Dallas
- MLS Eligible Player List Announced for Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process, Today - MLS
- Atlanta United Signs Free Agent Defender Mikey Ambrose - Atlanta United FC
- Austin FC Acquires Colombian Defender Jhohan Romana Via Transfer from Club GuaranÃÂ - Austin FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.