MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced
November 21, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - The MLS Disciplinary Committee has fined Atlanta United defender Franco Escobar an undisclosed amount and suspended the player for one match for engaging in an inappropriate interaction with a member of the stretcher crew in the 90+ minute of Atlanta's match on Nov. 8 against Columbus Crew SC. Escobar will serve his suspension during Atlanta United's first match of the 2021 MLS Regular Season. Escobar has been fined an additional undisclosed amount for his failure to leave the field in a timely and orderly manner after receiving a red card in the 90+ minute, and the defender has been issued a third fine for an undisclosed amount for re-entering the field at the conclusion of the match to engage in an inappropriate interaction with a Columbus Crew SC staff member.
Portland Timbers forward Dairon Asprilla has been suspended for one match and fined an undisclosed amount for violent conduct in the 81st minute of Portland's match on Nov. 8 against the Los Angeles Football Club.
The play was reviewed under Disciplinary Committee Parameter #3, in which the Disciplinary Committee may act where the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) acknowledges an on-field referee or Video Review error, and where the Committee is unanimous that the play warrants at least a one match suspension as a clear and unequivocal red card, is egregious and/or repeat behavior in nature, and/or the Committee must act to protect player safety or the integrity of the game.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Orlando City SC Assistant Coach Fabian Bazan in violation of the League's bench behavior policy in the 68th minute of Orlando's match against Columbus Crew SC on Nov. 4. Bazan has been issued a two-match suspension and fined an undisclosed amount for his actions. The assistant coach served the first match of his suspension on Nov. 8 vs. Nashville SC, and he will serve the second match suspension on Nov. 21 vs. New York City FC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 21, 2020
- Orlando City SC 1 Ã¢ÂÂ 1 New York City FC; Orlando City SC Advances 6-5 on Penalties - New York City FC
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2 - New York Red Bulls
- Lions Defeat NYCFC in Penalty Shootout, Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinals - Orlando City SC
- #PORvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Alonso and DeLaGarza Thank Fans for Support Throughout Inaugural Season - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Advances to Round 1 of the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 3-0 Victory over Inter Miami CF - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Closes Inaugural Season with Road Playoff Loss - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.