Michael Dello-Russo joins Thunder on loan from FC Dallas
ST. PAUL, Minn. (Thursday, June 8, 2006) - The Minnesota Thunder announced today that defender Michael Dello-Russo has joined the team on loan from FC Dallas. Dello-Russo will join the Thunder for a minimum of two weeks and be available for Sunday's game against Miami FC.
A Columbia, MD native, Dello-Russo played for four years at the University of Maryland. He captained the Terrapins in his junior and senior seasons, helping Maryland to win the NCAA National Championship in 2005, starting at center back. Dello-Russo was named to the All-College Cup Team in 2005, and tallied 20 career assists while at Maryland.
He was acquired by FC Dallas in the fourth round of the 2006 MLS SuperDraft and selected 42nd overall.
The Thunder will face Miami FC and legendary soccer star Romario on Sunday, June 11 at 5:05 p.m. at James Griffin Stadium. For ticket information, visit www.mnthunder.com or call 651.917.TEAM.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from June 8, 2006
- Battery defeats Sounders - Charleston Battery
- Silverbacks headed for second consecutive sellout - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Michael Dello-Russo joins Thunder on loan from FC Dallas - Minnesota Thunder
- Watch The Sounders Tonight In Charleston Online - Seattle Sounders
- Battery starts 2006 US Open Cup quest at Blackbaud Stadium on June 28 - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Thunder Stories
- Majors Post Back-To-Back Wins Up North
- Final Thunder Match of 2009 Ends in 3-2 Loss to Battery
- Final Thunder Away Match Ends in 1-1 Draw with Montreal Impact
- Minnesota Thunder Handily Defeats Puerto Rico Islanders 5-2
- Minnesota Thunder Tie Vancouver Whitecaps 1-1