Mavericks Waive Goaltender Macek
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Wednesday the Central Hockey League team has waived goaltender Jakub Macek. The Mavericks also announced the team will place forward Ryan Jardine, who is on a two-way deal with the Chicago Wolves, on a five-game contract allowing the Mavericks to start the season with 20 players on the roster.
Missouri will begin the 2011-12 season with two returning goaltenders. Charlie Effinger returns after playing with the Mavericks during the team's inaugural season, and Gerry Festa returns for his third season with the club.
"We are excited with what we believe is our deepest and most talented line up in our short existence," said Mavericks' President and General Manager Brent Thiessen.
The Missouri Mavericks will begin their third season in the Central Hockey League this Friday, October 21 in Rio Grande Valley, and the home opener is Saturday, November 5 against the Wichita Thunder. The Mavericks play their home games at the state-of-the-art Independence Events Center where parking is always free. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale now via Ticketmaster. Call (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2011
- Mavericks Waive Goaltender Macek - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Begin 2011-12 Season Friday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wichita Thunder Trades for Defenseman Jarred Mohr - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Send Mohr to Wichita for Futures - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans on the Air this Week - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Erase Two-Goal, Third Period Deficit in Shootout Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Look to Bounce Back at Wichita
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge