Mavericks Sign Langdon and Battani
Independence, Missouri - June 27, 2014 -- The Missouri Mavericks announced Friday afternoon that they have signed defenseman Scott Langdon and right wing TJ Battani to the 2014-15 roster.
"We are very glad to have both of these talented skaters joining the Missouri Mavericks this season," said Richard Matvichuk, Missouri Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations.
Langdon, a 6'2", 215lb defenseman from Ancaster, Ontario, is a seasoned skater, having played a majority of the 2013-14 season for the San Francisco Bulls of the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL), scoring 3 goals and racking up 100 penalty minutes. Langdon is familiar with the Central Hockey League, spending time with the Allen Americans in the 2010-11 and 2011-12 hockey seasons.
Throughout his professional career, the talented defenseman has tallied 17 goals, 62 assists, and 764 penalty minutes through 367 games.
"Scott is a proven leader, he has been a captain on previous teams and everywhere he's played he has been an icon in the community," said Matvichuk. "He brings a physical presence to the defensive core that I feel is needed on the Mavericks."
TJ Battani, a 24 year-old native to Armada, Michigan, has spent the past two seasons with the Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL. Battani skated in 52 games with the Grizzlies, scoring 4 goals with 3 assists and 149 penalty minutes. Coach Matvichuk has confidence in what this young, 6'1", 202lb forward can do on the ice in Missouri.
"TJ is a player who will do whatever is needed for his team to win," said Matvichuk, "he is an elite penalty killer and a great shot blocker. He will add an additional physical presence to the Mavs."
This coming fall will not be the first time these two skaters have met, though they will be on much friendlier terms and donning the same sweater. On March 16th, 2013, Langdon, captain of the San Francisco Bulls, and Battani, playing for the Utah Grizzlies, dropped the gloves in a heated fight following a face-off.
The 2014-15 Central Hockey League season will begin on October 24, 2014. Missouri Mavericks season tickets are on sale now. Visit MissouriMavericks.com or call 816-252-7825 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 27, 2014
- Sundogs Reach Success with 300 New Season Tickets in 10 Days - Arizona Sundogs
- Sundogs Hopeful of Reaching Goal Today - Arizona Sundogs
- Wray Going Home to New Beginnings - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Sign Langdon and Battani - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa