Mavericks Re-Sign Defenseman Blake Forsyth
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced Friday the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed defenseman Blake Forsyth for the 2010-11 season.
Forsyth, 30 (9/4/79), becomes the 12th player signed by the Mavericks for the 2010-11 season. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound defenseman finished the 2009-10 season with the Mavericks playing in just seven games in the regular season, and he played in all seven of the Mavericks' playoff games. The Winnipeg, Manitoba native is entering his seventh professional season and has played in four different pro leagues.
"Blake is a veteran player that really helped settle our blue line last year," said Hillman. "He brings a great deal of experience having won an ECHL championship. Blake is a leader on and off the ice and he will be a key player in our drive to strengthen our performance on the ice."
Forsyth has played a total of 319 professional games with 96 points (20-7696) and 584 penalty minutes overall. In 63 games in the CHL with the Wichita Thunder and Mavericks, he has 14 points on two goals and 12 assists and 127 penalty minutes. Forsyth won the Kelly Cup Championship in 2007 with the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads. Prior to turning pro he played for the University of Manitoba for four seasons where he had 67 points (20-4767) and 354 penalty minutes.
Players signed for 2010-11 season
Olivier Filion - Forward
Toby Lafrance - Forward
Chris Mifflen - Defenseman
Mike Wakita - Defenseman
Carlyle Lewis - Forward
Bill Vandermeer - Forward
Derek Pallardy - Forward
Simon Watson - Forward
Gerry Festa - Goaltender
Brett Hammond - Forward
Derek Knowles - Forward
Blake Forsyth - Defenseman
The Missouri Mavericks will begin their second season in the Central Hockey League on October 15, 2010 against the Odessa Jackalopes at 7:05 p.m. The Mavericks play their home games at the state-of-the-art Independence Events Center where parking is always free. Individual game tickets will go on sale in September, and season tickets are on sale now starting at just $10 per game. Call (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 6, 2010
- Mavericks Re-Sign Defenseman Blake Forsyth - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings, DCC Sign Three-Year Lease Agreement - Mississippi RiverKings
- Texas Announces Signing of New Netminders - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Join the Sundogs at Quailwood Greens Golf Course Tomorrow from 10am-4pm - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks to Participate in Charity Game Saturday - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa
- Mavericks Inch Closer to Postseason Berth with 3-2 Win over Wichita