Mavericks Acquire Four Skaters in Trade Deadline and Release Season-Ending Roster
INDEPENDENCE, MO (June 16, 2015) - The Missouri Mavericks announced Tuesday afternoon that the team has acquired the rights to forwards David de Kastrozza, Rocco Carzo, Tristian King and David Pacan as completion of the future considerations element of the trades that sent Martin Lee to the Idaho Steelheads, Josh Brittain to the Ontario Reign, and Jack Downing to the Cincinnati Cyclones ahead of the 2015 trade deadline on March 12.
David de Kastrozza hails from Toms River, New Jersey having played the past three seasons for the Idaho Steelheads (ECHL). The twenty-eight year old right wing picked up nineteen (19) goals and twenty-three (23) assists through seventy (70) games with the Steelheads during their 2014-15 campaign.
Rocco Carzo is entering his fourth professional season having spent the last two years with the Ontario Reign (ECHL). Carzo saw time in the American Hockey League (AHL), playing seven games with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL). The Media, Pennsylvania native was credited with twenty-four (24) goals and twenty-six (26) assists through sixty-four (64) regular season games and nineteen (19) playoff games.
Tristan King played forty-two (42) games with the Ontario Reign (ECHL) in 2014-15, recording six (6) goals and twenty-seven (27) assists. The twenty-four year old center hails from Minneapolis, Minnesota and is entering into his sixths professional season.
Right winger David Pacan spent his 2014-15 season with the Cincinnati Cylcones (ECHL), tallying eleven (11) goals and twenty-nine (29) assists through sixty-two (62) games. Pacan played eight (8) games with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) at the top of the 2014-15 season. The twenty-four year old Ottawa, Ontario native was drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft (Round 6, #177 overall).
The Mavericks season-ending roster was released Tuesday afternoon by the ECHL, including the aforementioned players as well as Josh Robinson, Patch Alber, Tyson Gimblett, Chris Owens, Alex Lepkowski, Brendan Rempel, Tony DeHart, Lee Reimer, Jared Brown, Tyler Currier, Lindsay Sparks, Kain Allicock, Brett Stovin, Andrew Courtney, Sebastien Thinel, and Brian Nugent.
Season-Ending Rosters may include up to 20 players. Season-Ending Rosters cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2014-15.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than July 1. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2015-16 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to July 1.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until Aug. 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until Aug. 1. After Aug. 1, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran or goaltender shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 31, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 16, 2015
- Kalamazoo Wings Announce 2014-15 Season Ending Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Announce Season-Ending Roster - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Champs Announce Season-Ending Roster - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Acquire Four Skaters in Trade Deadline and Release Season-Ending Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Announce 2014-15 Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Announce Season-Ending Roster - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Baier, Nielsen Agree to Terms with Orlando - Orlando Solar Bears
- Forward Jesse Mychan Returns for Second Stint with Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Release 2014-15 Season-Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Road Warriors Unveil Season-Ending Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Elmira Jackals
- Veteran Sports Broadcaster Kurt Haider Joins Alaska Aces - Alaska Aces
- Gladiators Announce Season-Ending Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Announce Season-Ending Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Announce Season-Ending Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Many Things You Need to Know - Bakersfield Condors
- Komets Ink Dean Ouellet; Season Ending Roster Announced - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mallards Announce Season-Ending Roster - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Evansville IceMen Sign Assistant Coach & Announce Season Ending Roster - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Announce Season Ending Rosters - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Stingrays Finalize Trade with Reading Royals - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Acquire ECHL Rights to Forwards Jonathan Parker and Rob Ricci - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.