Maulers End Losing Streak
MONTGOMERY, Ala. The Montgomery Maulers got a much needed win over the Rome Renegades Saturday night to end a two game losing streak. The Maulers defeated the Renegades 54-37 in front of 2,814 fans.
Mareno Philyaw who recorded 3 receiving touchdowns and one rushing touchdown led the Maulers. Philyaw had 22 net rushing yards, 73 receiving yards and threw for 6 yards going 1 for 1 in the quarterback position.
J.R. Richardson was 9 of 16 with one interception for 111 yards and two touchdowns. Richardson also carried for a net total of 22 yards.
On the defensive side, John Harrell had eight solo tackles and assisted with another five and deflected one pass. Harrell also forced a fumble and recovered a fumble.
Also on defense, Antoine Hill recorded six solo tackles and assisted with another. David Philyaw deflected a pass, forced a fumble, recovered a fumble and had five solo and three assisted tackles.
Average Joe player Charlie Trottman saw action on Saturday night as he threw for the last touchdown of the game. Trottman was the first Average Joe of the Maulers Average Joe promotion.
The Maulers will be back in action next Sunday, May 22 against the Beaumont Gunslingers with kickoff set for 7:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from May 15, 2005
- San Angelo stop Thunderbolts, 56-42, in Sunday matinee - San Angelo Stampede Express
- Morays retake first place with 72-39 win over Xtreme - Miami Morays
- Hawks remain unbeaten with 58-34 win - Everett Hawks
- Warbirds cannot hold 4-point halftime lead, lose to River City Rage - Dayton Bulldogs
- Maulers End Losing Streak - Montgomery Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.