Marshals Strand Runner On Second Base, Fall 2-1 To Cane Cutters
Last night at Fabacher Field, the Texas Marshals had the tying run at second base and go-ahead run on first base with two out in the top of the ninth inning. They were unable to advance the runners and lost to the Acadiana Cane Cutters by a score of 2-1.
Keaton Brewer earned the loss, but he threw eight innings and gave up only two runs (earned) while striking out three. Logan Sepanek led the offense, going 2-for-4 with a double, a run scored and a RBI.
Daniel Martinez earned the victory for the Cane Cutters, going eight innings and only giving up one run and striking out five. Clay Brast earned the save, pitching the scoreless ninth inning.
Tonight the Marshals return home to Graham Field in Plano. They start a two-game series against the Victoria Generals. Game time is 7:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 23, 2015
- Bombers' Road Trip Continues in Louisiana Versus Cane Cutters - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Canes Beat Bombers - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Marshals Strand Runner On Second Base, Fall 2-1 To Cane Cutters - Texas Marshals
- Jacks Win 1-0 with Wild Ninth-Inning Walk-Off - East Texas PumpJacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.