Marshals Fall To Bombers 7-1
Last night (July 5) the Texas Marshals and the Brazos Valley Bombers played the second game of their two-game series at Graham Field in Plano, a location change requested by the league. The final score was 7-1.
Ethan Landon earned the victory, pitching six innings giving up one run (unearned) and striking out four. Ben Hollas and Garrett Benge led the offense for the Bombers, with each driving in 2 RBI.
For the Marshals, their lone RBI was driven in by Jake McKenzie. Connor Comacho earned the loss, pitching six innings and giving up seven runs (five earned) and recording three strikeouts.
Here is the box score from last night's game:
Today is an off day for all TCL teams. Tomorrow night, July 7, is the 2015 TCL All Star Game which will be in Victoria. For more information on the Home Run Derby and other All Star Game events, please visit this link:
The Marshals will be represented by Austin Hilton, Dillon Porter and Mitchell Andrews. Wednesday also is an off day for the TCL. Thursday night (July 9) the Marshals travel to Victoria for a two-game series against the Generals.
Saturday night, July 11, the team returns to Graham Field in Plano. It will be Bark In The Park Night with representatives from the Humane Society at the stadium to help those interested in pet adoption. For more information on upcoming Marshals' home games please visit this link:
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 6, 2015
- Cane Cutters Lead the Way for South Side All-Star Starters - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Cane Cutters Split Doubleheader - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Marshals Fall To Bombers 7-1 - Texas Marshals
- Jacks Split Doubleheader with Acadiana, Get Fast Start in 2nd Half - East Texas PumpJacks
- Commanding Win Is Bombers' Third in a Row, Tenth in Last Eleven Games - Brazos Valley Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.