Marlins and Padres swap Minor Leaguers
The Florida Marlins traded right-handed pitcher Marty McLeary to San Diego this afternoon for right-hander Bryan Gaal. Gaal will join the Isotopes in Memphis for their season opening trip.
Gaal comes from the Padres organization, spending 2003 at Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Portland. The right-hander recorded a 3-5 record and 3.10 ERA in 62 games with Mobile and was 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA in two games with Portland.
McLeary heads to Portland after pitching in 20 games for the Isotopes in 2003. He recorded a 1-1 record and 4.32 ERA in 33.1 innings with Albuquerque and 1-1 record with a 1.80 ERA in 11 games with Double-A Carolina.
Albuquerque begins its 2004 season tonight at Memphis.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 8, 2004
- Sounds Drop Opener, 6-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Beavers games to be broadcast on KKAD AM-1550 and OregonLive.com - Portland Beavers
- River Cats game notes - Sacramento River Cats
- Pacific Coast League enshrines Hall of Fame class of 2004 - PCL
- Beavers open 2004 season tonight in Las Vegas - Portland Beavers
- Rainiers Open Season Tonight in Tucson - Tacoma Rainiers
- Marlins and Padres swap Minor Leaguers - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.