Manchester Membership Terminated
May 20, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced Monday that the Board of Governors has voted to terminate the Membership of the Manchester Monarchs, effective immediately, for ceasing operations and failing to ice a team for play in the 2019-20 Season.
"We are saddened to lose ECHL hockey in the Manchester market," said Ryan Crelin, ECHL Commissioner. "We'd like to thank Monarch fans and partners for their support of the team throughout their existence and are hopeful that hockey can return to the Queen City as soon as possible."
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 20, 2019
- Oilers Win in Toledo to Force Game 7 - Tulsa Oilers
- Manchester Membership Terminated - ECHL
- Royals' First-Ever Education Day Game January 7 at 10:30 a.m. - Reading Royals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.