Major League Soccer Releases Results of 2007 Expansion Draft
November 21, 2007 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK (Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2007) - Major League Soccer held its 2007 Expansion Draft on today for the League's 14th team, the San Jose Earthquakes, with the team selecting 10 players to begin constructing its roster for the 2008 season. The Earthquakes selected one player each from 10 of the 13 MLS teams. The Colorado Rapids, Kansas City Wizards and Real Salt Lake were the three teams that did not have a player selected in the draft. Each of the 13 teams was allowed to protect 11 players, leaving all others unprotected and available for selection by the Earthquakes.
Below is the complete list of players selected in the 2007 MLS Expansion Draft.
1. Ryan Cochrane (Houston Dynamo)
2. Clarence Goodson (FC Dallas)
3. Ned Grabavoy (Columbus Crew)
4. James Riley (New England Revolution)
5. Joseph Vide (New York Red Bulls)
6. Ivan Guerrero (Chicago Fire)
7. Brian Carroll (D.C. United)
8. Jason Hernandez (Chivas USA)
9. Gavin Glinton (LA Galaxy)
10. Chris Pozniak (Toronto FC)
The San Jose Earthquakes, Major League Soccer's 14th team, will begin play in the Western Conference in the 2008 season at Buck Shaw Stadium on the campus of Santa Clara University.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 21, 2007
- Guerrero Taken in MLS Expansion Draft - Chicago Fire
- Red Bulls Midfielder Joe Vide Selected in MLS Expansion Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Revs' Riley Chosen by San Jose in Expansion Draft - New England Revolution
- D.C. United loses Brian Carroll in MLS Expansion Draft - D.C. United
- Major League Soccer Releases Results of 2007 Expansion Draft - MLS
- Rapids Name Jason Gilham Director Of Media Relations - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.