Major Arena Soccer League Ends Regular Season
March 12, 2020 - Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) News Release
The Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) has decided to end the 2019-2020 regular season effective immediately. The league's Board of Directors voted unanimously this afternoon to act in the best interests of the players, staff and fans of the league.
The decision to end the regular season follows the direction seen in other professional sports across North America, such as the NHL, NBA, AHL, and others along with directives and restrictions from local governments in MASL communities.
"It's a disappointing end to an exciting regular season, but the health and safety of our players, fans and staff is paramount," said MASL Commissioner Joshua Schaub. "It was a significant sacrifice for our owners to forego the remaining regular season games, but it was the appropriate decision considering the gravity of the situation."
The MASL will continue to monitor developments and provide updates on the league and the status of league events at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 12, 2020
- San Diego Sockers Issue Statement on the End of the MASL Regular Season - San Diego Sockers
- MASL Ends Regular Season Today - Tacoma Stars
- Ontario Fury Statement About COVID-19 - Ontario Fury
- Major Arena Soccer League Ends Regular Season - MASL
- Sidekicks Seek Redemption against Eastern Conference Rivals - Dallas Sidekicks
- Double Header Set against the Fury - Turlock Cal Express
- Heat Defeat Utica City 5-3 - Harrisburg Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.