Magi End Weekend as First in the Division
The Minnesota Magicians faced three games in a row last weekend, finishing with a record of 2-1. The Magicians found a way to finish strong by ending two of three games in a shootout.
Colorado College college committed player, Jackson Jutting, lead the team with five points for the weekend. Veteran player, Cameron Buhl trailed right behind, scoring two points.The team beat the Chippewa Steel with four rounds of shootout.
The next day, the Magicians took a road trip to Austin, Minnesota to play the Austin Bruins. The players faced another shootout in the Bruins' rink with a final score of 3-2. Both goalies for the Magicians, Jack Robbel and Ethan Haider were sensational in each game shootout making many saves.
To close the weekend, the Magicians played the Bruins back home at Richfield Ice Arena. It was a special occasion honoring many for Cancer Awareness night. Although the team had the home-rink advantage with close to 40 shots, Austin's goalie shut down the Magicians offense. The Magic ended with a 4-0 loss.
After the weekend's results, the Magicians currently stand in first place for the Midwest Division, with an overall record of 9-4.
The Magicians face another three-game weekend in Springfield, Illinois as they take on the Springfield Jr. Blues.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 22, 2018
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Magi End Weekend as First in the Division - Minnesota Magicians
- IceRays Revamp Roster with Multiple Transactions - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Pilots Split the Weekend with Kenai - Topeka Pilots
- Postula Scores Lone Goal in Knights Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.