Macklin Robinson Back in 2020
Macklin Robinson will be back with the Tampa Bay Rowdies in 2020 after making the most of his limited opportunities in 2019 with some memorable performances.
Robinson started the year as third-choice goalkeeper but won the back-up job quickly and proved his value by stepping in during John McCarthy's absences.
"Mack stepped up when the team needed him and performed really well," Rowdies Head Coach Neill Collins said. "He has huge potential and is good to have in our 2020 squad."
He played just five matches, but tallied an impressive 22 saves and one clean sheet.
His best performances came in a July visit to the Swope Park Rangers and an August home match against Birmingham Legion FC. In Kansas, Robinson saved all five shots he faced, including a few acrobatic efforts in a 3-1 Rowdies win.
Against Birmingham, Robinson was called into action on a handful of Legion FC breakaways, making six saves in a tight match.
The Rowdies have confirmed the return of nine players from the 2019 roster. That group is below.
GK: Macklin Robinson
M: Yann Ekra, Leo Fernandes, Dom Oduro, Zach Steinberger
F: Sebastian Guenzatti, Malik Johnson, Lucky Mkosana, Juan Tejada
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from December 2, 2019
- Republic FC Exercises Contract Options to Begin Building 2020 Roster - Sacramento Republic FC
- Las Vegas Lights FC Announce Initial 2020 Season Roster Moves - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Macklin Robinson Back in 2020 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Defender Sam Strong Joins Hartford Athletic - Hartford Athletic
- Steve Cooke Named Director of Soccer Development - Phoenix Rising FC
- Hartford Athletic Signs Defender Sam Strong - Hartford Athletic
- Rowdies Sign Yann Ekra - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.