Louisville Xtreme Add to Defensive Backfield
Louisville, KY. - The Louisville Xtreme of the Indoor Football League has added 2 key components to their defensive backfield for next season. Braelen Evans and Michael Witherspoon will begin the rookie season in the Indoor Football League as members of the Xtreme.
Head Coach Mark Stoute was eager to have Evans and Witherspoon join the Xtreme.
"Braelen and Michael are both athletic young players who possess notable lateral quickness, coverage savvy, and a punishing physical approach to their game. We are excited to see their transition to the indoor style of play."
Evans (6'0/195) graduated from Montana State University in 2018 and went on to start at Western Oregon University in 2019. After a stellar collegiate career which included 3 yrs. as a starter, he was named 2019 All-Conference Selection and appeared in the FCS All American Bowl along with the College Gridiron Showcase.
Witherspoon (6'1/197) started off as a 2 yr. starter for the Hutchinson CC Blue Dragons before transferring to Eastern Carolina University where he became an integral part of the secondary as a starting boundary corner as well as a team leader.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Pirates Sign Former Michigan State Standout - Massachusetts Pirates
- Louisville Xtreme Add to Defensive Backfield - Louisville Xtreme
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville Xtreme Stories
- Louisville Xtreme Adds Former Miami Hurricane
- Louisville Xtreme Add to Defensive Backfield
- Louisville Xtreme Sign Former Univ. Louisville Cardinals Football Team Captain
- Louisville Xtreme Continues to Build Offensive Line
- Louisville Xtreme Adds to Offensive Line for 2021