Louisville Lightning Announce Partnership with PUMA for 2011-2012 Season
LOUISVILLE, KY --The Louisville Lightning Professional Arena Soccer League (PASL) team is proud to announce a new partnership with PUMA. As part of the partnership, Lightning players and coaches will wear PUMA jerseys, warm-ups, and training gear during the 2011-2012 season. This is a significant move for the Lightning, who wore Adidas throughout the last two years.
"The transition was ideal for our organization," said Lightning General Manager, Nick Stover. "PUMA is one of the top providers of soccer equipment in the world. Our players and fans are going to be very excited to see what PUMA has to offer this year."
One of the primary reasons for the transition was PUMA's personal interest in the Lightning. Ed Sinkus, Puma's Midwest representative, was eager to work with the Lightning this year. "We at PUMA are pleased to announce our new partnership with the Louisville Lightning," said Sinkus. "Our goal is to provide the best apparel for both training and game day use in pursuit of a PASL-Pro championship."
According to the PUMA web site, PUMA is more than just a soccer company. With the long-term mission aimed at becoming the most desirable and sustainable sport lifestyle company in the world, PUMA promotes a socially conscious and creative lifestyle. Similarly, the Lightning hopes to incorporate much more community involvement into its mission for season three.
"Our players commit an enormous amount of time to working with young people and strengthening ties to the businesses in Louisville. The Lightning impacts people on and off the field," said Stover. "Similarly, PUMA is not just a company for the soccer field. They promote a socially conscious and energetic lifestyle."
The Lightning will debut their new PUMA apparel when the PASL season kicks off November 4th. Check out more information on the Louisville Lightning's coaches, players and season at http://www.louisvillelightning.com.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from October 15, 2011
- Louisville Lightning Announce Partnership with PUMA for 2011-2012 Season - Louisville Lightning
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville Lightning Stories
- Lightning's Hot Air Balloon Returns to the US Bank Kentucky Derby Festival Great Balloon Fest This W
- Louisville Lightning fall 9-5 to Kansas Magic in PASL playoff opener
- Louisville Lightning host first PASL playoff game in franchise history Friday night
- Lightning Lose Game, Division Title, to Detroit, 9-8
- Louisville Lightning Battle for First Place and BLACK-OUT' the Detroit Waza Friday Night