Lightning Win on Williamson Tip in at Buzzer
(SYDNEY, NS) The London Lightning got back on track Friday night with some late game heroics by Garrett Williamson's buzzer beating tip in with no time left on the clock to secure the win against the Highlanders. It was a hard-fought game with neither team giving an inch and went all the way down the final play for the game to be decided. The Bolts hit the Glass hard and played tough defense to grind out this much needed win. 102-100 was the final.
Marcus Capers lead the way offensively for the Lightning. He finished with 21 points, Mo Bolden had a double double with 17 points and 10 rebounds, AJ Gaines added 15 points, Alex Johnson scored 14 points, and Marvin Phillips chipped in 13.
The next Lightning game will come Saturday night, February 2, 2019 when the Bolts complete their east coast swing with a Visit to the Halifax Hurricanes. The next matchup for Lightning at home comes on February 7th when they will take on the Windsor Express for 5th times this season. For tickets to any upcoming games, visit the Budweiser Gardens Box Office or go to www.lightningbasketball.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 1, 2019
- Highlanders Defeated in Last Second by London Lightning - Cape Breton Highlanders
- Lightning Win on Williamson Tip in at Buzzer - London Lightning
- Bill Jones Named Coach of the Month for January - NBL Canada
- Edge Acquire Rights to Russell Byrd from Island Storm - St. John's Edge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.