Lansing Ignite FC Adds Stefan Cleveland, Grant Lillard
NSING, Mich. - Lansing Ignite FC announced today the addition of goalkeeper Stefan Cleveland and defender Grant Lillard on loan from Major League Soccer's Chicago Fire. The Fire retain the right to recall Cleveland or Lillard at any point during the MLS regular season, subject to MLS roster compliance guidelines.
Cleveland, 24, was originally selected by the Fire as the No. 26 overall pick in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft. He has made five MLS appearances (five starts) for the Fire.
"Stef is a timely addition to our team," LIFC Head Coach Nate Miller said. "He is a top young goalkeeper with tons of potential. He has the personality and leadership to help our team achieve our goals right away."
Lillard, 23, is the 10th Homegrown Player signing in Fire history. In the 2018 season, his rookie season with Chicago, Lillard made eight appearances (six starts) for the MLS side.
"Grant is a phenomenal addition to our squad," Miller said. "He is a true defender who wins his duals and is excellent in both boxes. We are excited to implement him into our system and start a winning run."
Both Cleveland and Lillard are available for selection for LIFC's USL League One match against undefeated North Texas SC at 7 p.m. ET from Cooley Law School Stadium on Saturday. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a free soccer ball, presented by the Lansing Board of Water and Light (BUY TICKETS).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from May 16, 2019
- Lansing Ignite FC Adds Stefan Cleveland, Grant Lillard - Lansing Ignite
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lansing Ignite Stories
- Lansing Ignite Adds Diego Campos on Loan from Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club, Lansing Ignite Form Alliance
- Lansing Ignite FC's Xavier Gomez Named to USL League One Team of the Week
- Trinidad and Tobago Names Nathan Lewis to Gold Cup Provisional Roster
- Lansing Ignite FC Adds Stefan Cleveland, Grant Lillard