Know Your Opponent: New England Revolution
The Lions' MLS Cup Playoffs run continues. Up next, the New England Revolution come to Exploria Stadium on Sunday at 3:00 pm ET on ABC and ESPN Deportes for the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Here is what you need to know about Sunday's opponents:
Key Transactions and Player News
Key Additions: Alex Buttner (11/1/19 - free), Adam Buksa (12/20/19 - transfer from Pogon Szczecin), Henry Kessler (1/9/20 - SuperDraft), and Lee Nguyen (9/8/20 - trade from Miami).
Key Departures: Jalil Anibaba (11/19/19 - Expansion Draft), Juan Agudelo (11/21/19 - option declined) and Edgar Castillo (11/21/19 - option declined).
The injury report: Luis Caicedo (right knee surgery, out for season) and Cristian Penilla (left foot surgery 10/21, out 2-3 months) are listed as out.
Take a look at New England's full roster here.
The Revolution opened their MLS Cup Playoffs by topping Montreal 2-1 in the play-in round and following that with a 2-0 win over the MLS Supporters Shield winners Philadelphia Union. New England finished the regular season with a 1-3-1 record in their final five matches.
City and New England have yet to meet in 2020 in all competitions. The two sides met three times in 2019 splitting the series with a draw and a win apiece. The Lions took a 2-1 win in June and followed that with a 3-3 draw at Exploria Stadium in September.
Rasmussen College Fact
The match on Sunday will be a limited capacity sell out at Exploria Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 26, 2020
- Know Your Opponent: New England Revolution - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Acquires American Goalkeeper Brandon Austin
- Orlando City Selects Forward Derek Dodson in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Orlando City Acquires No. 8 Selection in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium
- Four City Homegrowns Join CF Pachuca for Offseason Training Stint