Knighthawks Going Back to Cali
The Rochester Knighthawks will continue their season-high three-game road swing on Saturday, Jan. 12 when they play the San Diego Seals for the first time in franchise history. The contest at Pechanga Arena San Diego is a 10:00 p.m. EST start. Rochester will play its first game in California since it traveled to play the San Jose Stealth on January 18, 2009.
Broadcast Info: The contest will be broadcast on 107.3 The Bull and the iHeartRadio app. Fans can watch the contest on B/R Live and locally on CW Rochester.
Scouting the Knighthawks: Rochester owns a 1-1 record and sits in a fourth-place tie with the New England Black Wolves in the East Division. On Saturday, the Knighthawks played their first of three games against the rival Buffalo Bandits. In the I-90 showdown, the first half was a goaltending duel between former teammates Angus Goodleaf of Rochester and Matt Vinc of Buffalo. The Bandits held a slim 5-2 lead after the first two quarters but pulled away in the second half with an eight-goal effort to knock off Rochester 13-4. Offensively, the Knighthawks were led by single goals from Darryl Robertson, Cory Vitarelli, Kyle Jackson and Cody Jamieson. Meanwhile, Goodleaf made 32 saves in his second start of the season.
- Joe Resetarits needs five goals to reach 100 as a Knighthawk.
- Cody Jamieson is four assists away from 400.
- Jake Withers needs 10 faceoff wins to move into fifth place in team history.
- Pat Saunders is one goal shy of 150 in his career.
Scouting the Seals: San Diego carries a 1-2 record into this weekend's contest after dropping a 16-12 decision to Saskatchewan on Jan. 5. Austin Staats, who was the first overall pick, leads all NLL rookies in goals (nine), assists (eight) and points (17). He is also tied for eighth in the league in points. Kyle Buchanan (14 points) and Dan Dawson (12) are second and third on the team in points, respectively. The Seals are tied for the league lead in power-play efficiency, scoring on eight of their 12 chances.
Next Game: The team's current three-game set ends on Saturday, Jan. 19 against the Saskatchewan Rush. The 8:30 p.m. EST showdown is a rematch of the 2018 National Lacrosse League Finals.
Next Home Game: The Knighthawks, in conjunction with Veterans Outreach Center (VOC) and Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning, will hold their fifth annual Military Appreciation Night on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 8:00 p.m. For the third straight season, the Knighthawks and Buffalo Bandits players will wear special military-themed jerseys, which will be auctioned off with the net proceeds going to Veterans Outreach Center. The Knighthawks will also donate a portion of the monies from the sale of military-themed merchandise to VOC.
All military members, veterans, and reservists can receive one complimentary ticket at The Blue Cross Arena Box Office with a Military ID. To support Military Appreciation Night, please call the Knighthawks office at (585) 454-HAWK (4295) or go online to knighthawks.com/military.
Images from this story
Rochester Knighthawks exchange congratulations
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Game Preview | Warriors vs Rush - Vancouver Warriors
- Game Preview: Rochester Knighthawks at San Diego Seals - San Diego Seals
- Black Wolves Set to Celebrate 5th Year Next Saturday - New England Black Wolves
- Seals Announce Spanish-Language Broadcast Partner - San Diego Seals
- Knighthawks Announce TV Schedule - Rochester Knighthawks
- Summary of Disciplinary Action - Week 4 - NLL
- Knighthawks Going Back to Cali - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Knighthawks Stories
- Reid Agrees to One-Year Deal with Knighthawks
- Knighthawks Announce Time Change for February 9 Home Game against Vancouver
- Knighthawks, Rees Agree to Multi-Year Deal
- Caraglio's Pizza Named the Official Pizza of Blue Cros S Arena, Amerks and Knighthawks
- Knighthawks Sign Logan Monroe to Two-Year Deal