King Of The Jungle Set To Return
Louisville, KY-The Louisville Fire's Head Coach Tommy Johnson announced that Tony Stallings has been assigned to the Fire.
Stallings played for the Fire last season. In just eight games he rushed for 82 yards and seven touchdowns. Stallings also added 135 yards on 11 catches and three touchdowns; he also had 374 kick return yards and 153 field goal return yards. In four seasons with the Fire, Stallings has played in 31 games, 324 yards rushing, 64 receptions for 725 yards, 45 touchdowns, 2,139 kick return yards and two touchdowns, and 252 field goal return yards. In 2006 Stallings played for the Calgary Stampeders in the Canadian Football League.
Stallings played his college career at the University of Louisville as a tailback. In four years with the Cardinals, he accumulated 1,329 yards and 11 touchdowns. In 2001 Stallings ran for 155 rushing yards, college career high, and two touchdowns against Memphis. Stallings is best remembered for a 25-yard touchdown run against Kentucky in overtime during the 2000 season opener.
"Having Tony [Stallings] will help solidify the running game," according to Johnson. "He is strong around the goal line and he is able to make big plays in the open field. He possesses strong leadership skills on and off the field."
Currently Stallings is a speaker for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He is also coaching Cross Country and Track and Field at Christian Academy of Louisville. In 2004 Stallings won the Animal Planet's King of the Jungle a television reality show.
"Having just met Tony [Stallings], I am honored to have him on our team. He is an outstanding professional athlete on and off of the field and I am glad to have him playing for our professional organization," stated Dave Berryman, President/General Manager of the Louisville Fire, when asked about Tony Stallings.
Season tickets for the 2008 Fire season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 502.368.0009 today. Season tickets packages begin at $72.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from November 20, 2007
- af2's ninth season opens March 28 - af2
- Former Washington D-lineman signs with Burn - Boise Burn
- Polar Bear returns; Stevens joins Brigade - Spokane Shock
- Coyotes First Tryout for the 2008 Season a "Success" - Central Valley Coyotes
- ThunderBirds Soar To af2 With AFL Legend Herkie Walls As Coach - Daytona Beach ThunderBirds
- Four More Players Assigned To Fire Roster - Louisville Fire
- King Of The Jungle Set To Return - Louisville Fire
- Former Yard Dawgz Head Coach Returns to the Field - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.