Kickers Partner with First Touch Sports
RICHMOND, Va. - The Richmond Kickers and First Touch Sports are proud to announce a partnership designed to strengthen soccer programming in Richmond's underserved communities. The collaboration will expand upon and enhance currently available programs for low-income families in the Richmond area.
"We are very excited to partner with the Richmond Kickers to reach more young people in underserved communities through soccer," commented David Glass, First Touch Sports Founder. "Our partnership will help improve the quality of our after-school soccer programs as well as enable us to offer more opportunities for our more talented players to compete in recreation and travel soccer programs. Long-term, we envision a pathway where all kids - regardless of socioeconomic background - will have the chance to play soccer at all levels of the Richmond Kickers Youth Soccer Club."
Founded by David and Sarah Glass, First Touch Sports currently operates after-school soccer programs at seven Chesterfield County elementary schools including Bensley, Beulah, Hopkins, Falling Creek, Ecoff, Elizabeth Scott and Salem Church. First Touch Sports also provides opportunities with recreational and travel teams for players from low-income families as well as a High School Summer League and summer training for elementary and middle school students.
"The Richmond Kickers have always strived to be a community partner that provides inspirational programming for our entire community," said Leigh Cowlishaw, Richmond Kickers Director of Soccer. "First Touch Sports is a wonderful community outreach initiative and is truly making a positive impact. We look forward to working with David to enhance his vision and further develop the holistic programming that brings soccer and positive life skills to underserved neighborhoods."
Glass will continue to oversee the First Touch Sports programs, while the Kickers will provide marketing and sponsorship support, licensed uniforms, a pathway into the Kickers' travel program and competitive scheduling for recreational teams.
To learn more about First Touch Sports, visit FirstTouchSports.org.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 10, 2018
- Indy Eleven Travels to Penn FC - Indy Eleven
- STLFC Partners with Jason's Deli - Saint Louis FC
- Independence, Battery Match Postponed Due to Hurricane - Charlotte Independence
- Battery, Independence Match Postponed - Charleston Battery
- Fury FIT Program Manager Audra Sherman Becomes Canada's Third Female A-License Coach - Ottawa Fury FC
- USL Launches First League-Wide Licensing Program - USL
- Kickers Partner with First Touch Sports - Richmond Kickers
- Austin Bold FC Signs Defender Sean McFarlane - Austin Bold FC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.