Iron Sign WR Robert Gill
The Milwaukee Iron have been assigned WR Robert Gill by the af2 league office, Head Coach and Director of Football Operations Gary Compton announced today. Gill was expected to sign with the Utah Blaze of the AFL before the league decided to forego the 2009 season. Gill (5-10, 170) split time during his af2 rookie campaign with the Texas Copperheads and the Lubbock Renegades last season. Playing in a combined 12 games, the former Texas State track star caught 46 passes for 789 yards and 12 touchdowns, averaging 17.2 yards per catch. Gill joined the Renegades after being released by the Copperheads earlier in the year. Before signing with Texas, the 25-year old started his career with the Green Bay Blizzard but was released before the beginning of the season. He was picked up by the Louisville Fire and traded to Texas without ever appearing in a game for the Fire. Gill is expected to dress for the Iron when they travel to Green Bay to play the Blizzard on July 17. He will wear No. 11. The Iron (5-9) need to win both of their remaining games to have a shot at the af2 playoffs. Following the "Battle for the Milk Can" against Green Bay on Friday, Milwaukee will return home to face the Albany Firebirds on Friday, July 24. Tickets are available by calling the Iron ticket office at (262) 523-9206 or through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 16, 2009
- Broadway Joe's of Albany to Host Firebirds Viewing Parties - Albany Firebirds
- Firecats Midgett Set For First Home Start - Florida Firecats
- Dusters lend a hand - Amarillo Venom
- Robert "Superman" Garth Looking To End Career With A Bang - Green Bay Blizzard
- Friday Night Matchups - af2
- af2 Set to Induct First Hall of Fame Class - af2
- af2 Week 17 : Quick Hitters - af2
- Milwaukee Iron Announce Plans for Iron Fest - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Iron Sign WR Robert Gill - Milwaukee Mustangs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.