Indy Eleven Releases Defender Lucas Farias
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven today announced the release of defender Lucas Farias from its roster.
Farias' signing with Indy Eleven last February from Brazilian second division side Esporte Clube Sao Bento marked the first stop in his professional career outside of his native country. After making his Indy debut off the bench on March 15 at Charlotte Independence, Farias started 11 of his remaining 12 appearances and tallied three assists, tied for fifth most on the squad in regular season play. A knee injury suffered on September 4 against New York forced the 25-year-old right back to miss the last two months of the regular season and Indy's three-game run in the USL Championship Playoffs.
"Lucas is as good of a person and he is a player, and the entire organization really enjoyed having him as a part of the club. We respect his desire to return home to Brazil to focus on his family and career and wish him all the best going forward," said Indy Eleven Head Coach Martin Rennie.
The departure of Farias gives Indy Eleven 21 players under contract at the start of its 2020 preseason training camp, which began today at its training headquarters at Grand Park in Westfield. Indiana's Team will officially begin its seventh season of play - and its third in USL Championship action - on Saturday, March 7, at Memphis 901 FC.
Seats for Indy Eleven's 17-game home schedule at Lucas Oil Stadium are currently available via four ticketing options - Full Season Memberships, Half Season Packages, 5-Game Partial Season Plans and Group Tickets - all of which include a ticket for the home opener on Saturday, April 4, against arch-rival Louisville City FC (7:00 p.m. kickoff). Fans can visit or call 317-685-1100 (Mon.-Fri., 9am-5pm) for full details and to secure their seats today.
2020 Indy Eleven Roster
Goalkeepers (3): Holden Brown, Jordan Farr, Evan Newton
Defenders (6): Conner Antley, Ayoze, Paddy Barrett, Neveal Hackshaw, Mitch Osmond, Karl Ouimette
Midfielders (8): Drew Conner, Kyle Folds, Tyler Gibson, Macauley King, Nick Moon, Emerson Nieto, Kenney Walker, Matt Watson
Forwards (4): Andrew Carleton, Carl Haworth, Ilija Ilic, Tyler Pasher
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 30, 2020
- Union Pacific to Fund First-Of-Its-Kind Street Soccer USA Park in Sacramento's Broadway District - San Diego Loyal
- Legion FC Fan Experience at Bessie Estell Park - Saturday, February 8 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Republic FC Expands Volunteer Coaching Initiative to Include Free Tickets for 2020 Season - Sacramento Republic FC
- Open Cup Second Round Pairings Announced - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Austin Bold FC Acquires Brecc Evans - Austin Bold FC
- Indy Eleven Releases Defender Lucas Farias - Indy Eleven
- Republic FC to Host Oakland Roots in Second Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Sacramento Republic FC
- 1868 FC Adds Wide Attacker in Christiano Francois - Reno 1868 FC
- LouCity Will Face DC United, Nashville at IMG - Louisville City FC
- Preseason Training Continues Preseason Training - Memphis 901 FC
- Lasso Excited to Help Build a New Defense - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Hartford Athletic and WTNH News 8 Partner to Broadcast All League Matches in 2020 - Hartford Athletic
- North Carolina FC to Begin Preseason Training on Monday - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- "Eleven Classics" Series of Game Rebroadcasts to Begin Saturday
- USL eCup: Rocket League Edition to Stream Via ESPN Digital Platforms
- Indy Eleven & the Shop Indy Partner to Raise Funds for Community Health Network Caregivers
- USL Championship Suspends 2020 Season Through May 10
- USL Championship Temporarily Suspends Play