IceRays Bring Home CHL Honor
IceRays' staff members just returned back from league meetings in Arizona, with an award winner in tow. Cassidy Lange, account executive and son of owner Tim Lange, received the Ralph Backstrom Soul of Service Award at the annual league meetings. The IceRays are currently in preparation for the 2009-2010 season. Season tickets and corporate sponsorship packages are available. For more information please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK.
The CHL Ralph Backstrom Soul of Service Award is given annually to the CHL executive who has best demonstrated the qualities of excellence and dedication to providing outstanding customer service. Cassidy was nominated along with members of the Amarillo Goriallas, Laredo Bucks and the Oklahoma City Blazers. "I was pretty surprised," said Cassidy, "I had no idea it was coming, so when they announced my name, I was completely shocked."
However, the award and the 2009 season almost never happened, and that is one thing Cassidy is thankful for. "I mostly want to thank the league. They let us enter into the scheduling process very late last summer, and if it wasn't for that, the team wouldn't be where it is today." Cassidy, is also appreciative of all the fans and any supporters of the IceRays.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 9, 2009
- IceRays Bring Home CHL Honor - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Kelly, Bria Sign for 2009-10 Season - Odessa Jackalopes
- USA to Play Mexico at NYTEX for Indor Soccer - Fort Worth Brahmas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale