Houston Dynamo Enters Partnership with DeskSite
HOUSTON (Monday, Sept. 14, 2015) - The Houston Dynamo have launched the Dynamo DeskSite, an interactive video app that proactively delivers premium, high-definition video content to fans.
The Dynamo DeskSite is a personalized HD video content library constructed to support fans' growing interest in online video. Exclusively modeled for the "Big Screen" and essentially a DVR for the Internet, the DeskSite serves as a digital fan hub for HD video, web content and social conversation around the team.
"This partnership signals our continued commitment to provide our fans with unique and interesting content." Dynamo senior vice president Steven Powell said. "Our partnerships with DeskSite and Comcast Xfinity allow Dynamo fans to access exciting and inspirational content through either their cable system through Comcast XFinity, or their desktops, laptops and tablets via the DeskSite app."
DeskSite enables instantaneous video playback. Videos are automatically downloaded and stored directly to users' devices, allowing fans the ability to view content offline, without an Internet connection. The platform also includes audiovisual alerts, reducing the delay between a video's initial release and fan access. Video programming consists of game highlights, postgame recaps, player and coach interviews, and more.
"The Dynamo DeskSite offers fans everything they want, and equally important, nothing they don't," said Richard Gillam, CEO of DeskSite. "With this new platform, we've made some exciting leaps forward in the evolution of digital media, most notably in the twin pillars of content curation and content access. If you're a serious Dynamo fan, this is a 'must have' experience."
Fans can download the Dynamo DeskSite at www.dynamodesksite.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2015
- LA Galaxy Travel for Match against Real Salt Lake on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- This Week in MLS - MLS
- New York City FC Surpass 19,000 Founding Members; Less Than 1,000 Spots Remain - New York City FC
- Houston Dynamo Enters Partnership with DeskSite - Houston Dynamo
- 2016 Season Tickets on Sale on September 21 - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Four Houston Dynamo Players Called up for International Duty
- Match Between Tigres U.A.N.L. and Club Santos Laguna at BBVA Stadium Cancelled
- Houston Dynamo Forwards Named to Audi MLS Team of the Week
- Dynamo Send Beasley off with 4-2 Win over LA Galaxy
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Host LA Galaxy for Damarcus Beasley Sendoff