Houston Dash Waive Forward Stephanie Ochs
NEED TO KNOW:
* The forward tallied two assists in 12 games for Houston in 2016
* Ochs was one of three original Dash players on the active roster from the inaugural season
* The forward was originally acquired in 2014 from the Washington Spirit
HOUSTON- The Houston Dash have waived forward Stephanie Ochs, the club announced today.
"We appreciate everything Stephanie has done to help the club and the sport grow in Houston," head coach Randy Waldrum said. "She played a big role in developing the club when we started in 2014 and we wish her the best moving forward."
Ochs started three games and appeared in 12 matches for Houston last season. The forward played various positions during her time in Houston, including outside back and in the midfield. The San Diego native was acquired from the Washington Spirit in 2014 and has appeared in 61 NWSL contests since 2013.
The Dash opened the 2017 season with a 2-0 win over the Chicago Red Stars last Saturday, April 15, at BBVA Compass Stadium. The team now embarks on a three-game road swing beginning Saturday, April 22 at Seattle, where they will face Seattle Reign FC at 9 p.m. CDT.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from April 18, 2017
- Dash Acquire Camille Levin from Orlando Pride for Third-Round Pick - Houston Dash
- Houston Dash Waive Forward Stephanie Ochs - Houston Dash
- Seattle Reign FC Goalkeeper Haley Kopmeyer Voted the NWSL Player of the Week - NWSL
- Haley Kopmeyer Voted NWSL Player of the Week - Seattle Reign FC
- Amy Rodriguez Suffers ACL Tear, Will Miss Rest of 2017 Season - FC Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.